Sign up for the demo class on weds, 9/22 @ 3:15pm!
MUSIC IN MOTION +PIANO
Piano Moves gives group piano lessons an integrative movement twist!
Students embody music joyfully through creative games, improvisation, and expression. Using familiar songs, carefully sequenced learning pieces, and partner work, this small-group class provides students the foundation for excellent music education on the piano and beyond.
Students learn rhythmic and tonal patterns, prepare for reading music, and build beginning piano vocabulary and technique in 40-minute classes.
This includes 15-minute piano lessons in groups of 4-5 students, with a parent or caregiver assisting each student.
In Dalcroze Education, we focus on developing the first instrument, the body, in order to facilitate ease at our musical instruments, which are just an extension of our bodies.
Students will play hand drums, rhythm sticks, shakers, bells, and other small percussion instruments in this class. Students may also have the opportunity to learn about and hear the violin as part of their general introduction to music.
*Class is taught by a Dalcroze-Certified Teacher.
PIANO FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN
This class requires the active participation of a parent or adult caregiver from each registered family. During the music & movement portion of class, adults model how to listen to others, share their own ideas, and take turns.
Children will gradually become more independent and learn from each other as well. During the part of class when students are at the piano, adults help each child focus and give assistance/attention as needed.
Frequently asked questions
Pre-K(21/22 school year)
3:15pm -3:55pm on Wednesdays
(Demo Class on 9/22. The first class of 21/22 school year is Weds, 9/29)
*Maximum number of students are 4-5 in one class.
All-Inclusive Tuition for 2021-2022 School Year includes:
- 29 Piano Moves Classes (Sep-Jun)
- Student Lesson Book
- Supplement Materials
- Autumn and Spring Presentation
- Birthday Gift
- Studio Bag
2 Term Payments
- $490/Fall Term (13 lessons)
- $595/Spring Term (16 lessons)
- Two payments due September 26, 2021 (Fall Term), and January 20, 2022(Spring Term)
- Payments may be made by PayPal or Check
Small Keyboard to acoustic piano is needed for the reinforcement of the musical concepts and home practice.
- If student misses the lesson, we will send the pre-recorded video from our video library. There is no live makeup lesson provided.
- In the event that teacher needs to cancel due to an unforeseen circumstance such as illness we’ll notify students and parents as soon as possible through email and/or phone contact. For every cancellation made by teacher will be made up.
- In case of inclement weather which makes travel hazardous and teaching locations closed, we offer a live Zoom lesson during the student’s regularly scheduled lesson time.