SIGN UP FOR THE DEMO CLASS ON Weds, october 26th @3:15PM!
Move, create, explore
Move, create, explore and learn music through this high-energy, exciting and fun class!!
Music in Motion is a movement-based music curriculum introducing concepts like rhythm, melody, and harmony in a social and imaginative way. Students embody music joyfully through creative games, improvisation, and expression.
Music in Motion is focused not only on creating vivid musical foundations but also supports children’s emotional, intellectual, and physical development.
These classes truly allow students to experience music joyfully from the inside out!
This curriculum is inspired by Dalcroze Eurhythmics. In Dalcroze Education, we focus on developing the first instrument, the body, in order to facilitate ease at our musical instruments, which are just an extension of our bodies.
Students will play hand drums, rhythm sticks, shakers, bells, and other small percussion instruments in this class. Students may also have the opportunity to learn about piano and violin as part of their general introduction to music.
*Class is taught by a Dalcroze-Certified Teacher.
What will my child be learning?
Students work on developing both gross and fine motor movement skills, spatial awareness, and social and ensemble skills. The course also allows students to practice emotional self-regulation, all with the support of their teacher in a warm classroom environment.
Our program develops the student’s ear and knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles, instrumentation, and genres. Throughout the year, we create joyful opportunities for students to share their knowledge through class performances for parents/caregivers.
To view our musical and movement goals in more detail, please click here.
Frequently asked questions
3:15pm -3:55pm on Wednesdays (40-min weekly class)
November 2 , 2022- January 11, 2023 ( 11/2,9,16, 30, 12/7,14, 1/4,11)
Max number of students is 6- 8.
- 8 Music in Motion Classes
- Activity Sheets that support at-home reviewing
- Winter Presentation
- $250/Fall Term (8 classes)
- Payments may be made by PayPal or Check
Yes. Music in Motion is a drop-off class.
- If student misses the lesson, we will send the pre-recorded video from our video library. There is no live makeup lesson provided.
- In the event that teacher needs to cancel due to an unforeseen circumstance such as illness we’ll notify students and parents as soon as possible through email and/or phone contact. For every cancellation made by teacher will be made up.
- In case of inclement weather which makes travel hazardous and teaching locations closed, we offer a live Zoom lesson during the student’s regularly scheduled lesson time.