Join 8-week violin journey today! ( 3/15-5/10 : no class on 4/19)
Develop Perseverance and Grit
By having clear learning goals set by the instructor, students work towards their weekly musical objectives through daily practice. This allows students to gain confidence in their abilities and improve their sense of self-belief as they strive towards and accomplish these goals. Developing perseverance and grit are beneficial in multiple ways, such as academia and self-confidence, and can aid students inside and outside of music lessons.
Learning to play the violin improves listening skills, music-reading abilities, and coordination. Playing a string instrument attunes the ear to intonation and develops one’s sense of musicality. Paired with a focus on the importance of reading music, students form a healthy relationship between learning by ear and confidently reading music. Students’ coordination is often improved upon learning the violin, as the instrument deeply relies upon efficient coordination.
By developing musicality, students are able to express themselves through their music and violin. Music provides a safe and effective way for students to share their emotions with others. Additionally, performing music impacts both the audience and the students, allowing the students to form a connection with diverse people.
Frequently asked questions
( 3/15-5/10 : NO CLASS ON 4/19)
4:00pm-4:40pm (Kinder to 1st)
4:45pm-5:25pm (2nd grade and up)
6:15pm- 6:55pm (2nd grade and up)
Maximum number of students are 3- 4 for each slot.
- 8-Week Intro to Violin : $299
- 8 Sessions of 40 min group class
- Student Lesson Book
- Supplement Materials
- Digital Lesson Notes
*Payments may be made by PayPal or Check
Please visit https://www.johnsonstring.com/rental/for a violin rental.
- If student misses the lesson, we will send the pre-recorded video from our video library. There is no live makeup lesson provided.
- In the event that teacher needs to cancel due to an unforeseen circumstance such as illness we’ll notify students and parents as soon as possible through email and/or phone contact. For every cancellation made by teacher will be made up.
- In case of inclement weather which makes travel hazardous and teaching locations closed, we offer a live Zoom lesson during the student’s regularly scheduled lesson time.
*Tuitions are charged as a flat fee and are not lowered nor refunded for missed lessons.
You can enroll online here.
32 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA